You can check-in online 24 hours before your flight from any device, you can also do it yourself, accessing our kiosks located at the airport or if you prefer, check-in is also available directly from the counter when you check-in for your flight. We tell you how to manage your check-in quickly and easily.
When you can't check-in online or simply want to check-in at the airport, to save time, we recommend you use the kiosks and do it yourself. If you have an international flight, do it 3 hours before. Know the steps to do Auto check-in in 5 minutes, avoid long lines at counters and/or additional charge.
What you should know:
- The kiosks are usually located in front of the rows of counters at the airport.
- We have made the kiosks available so that you don't have to check-in and can print your boarding pass without having to go through the check-in desk.
- To check-in you must have one of these documents ready: reservation code, ticket number, frequent flyer number, passport or barcode.
- Remember that for carry-on baggage, there are certain dangerous or prohibited items that you may not carry. During check-in at kiosks, you must confirm that you are NOT carrying such items.
- In addition to check-in, you can print your baggage card and send your.
In case you prefer to check-in using our counters at the airport, please note that airport check-in has an additional charge for XS and S sizes.
Prices are subject to change at any time without notice and are non-refundable.
During check-in you can:
- Change your seat to your favourite location.
- Manage your baggage and add you need.
- Updating contact passenger information.
- Visualise your passport and send it to the e-mail of your choice.
- Check, depending on the airport, the minimum times for check-in, checking baggage and presenting yourself at the boarding lounge.
- The time limit for obtaining your passport online is 45 minutes for domestic flights and 60 minutes for international flights.
- Make sure your booking includes fewer than 8 people and that your flight itinerary does not exceed two connections between your origin and destination.
- Online check-in will not be available if you have special service assignments or travel itineraries that include codeshare routes (flight sharing segments).
- For connections with other airlines, you will only be able to check-in on Avianca flights.
You can obtain your baggage tag online by following the steps below.
- Go to online check-in and fill in the requested information (remember to have your travel documents at hand to make your registration easier).
- In step 3 of the online check in (Boarding Pass), you find the options to get your baggage tag.
- Send your baggage tag to your e-mail for printing at your convenience or you can get it immediately by clicking on print (remember to use good quality white letter size paper and a laser printer).
- Follow the instructions on how to fold the label correctly.
- Put it in the label holder that we will give you at the airport (keep it, you can use it on your next flight).
- Hand in your baggage with the tag at the baggage drop-off point at the airport.
Print and keep receipts containing the identification number of each tag; with these, you can track your baggage.
- If you have a connection with Renfe make sure you check-in on their website as well, so you don't miss your connection when you arrive at your destination.
- If you are registered with Bio Mig, make use of these self-service machines located next to the Migration lines to speed up your procedures. If you are not registered, register for FREE in the Emigration (enrolment) and Immigration (authentication or walk-through) areas of the El Dorado Airport Migration Control Post .
You may also be interested in
- What items are not allowed in my luggage?
- How can I find out the status of my flight?
- What are the maximum dimensions and weight for hand baggage?
- What are the weight and dimensions allowed for hold or checked baggage?