Due to the current COVID-19 contingency, travel and entry conditions and restrictions may vary by destination and government policy. The best way to prepare and comply with the requirements for your destination is through the tool provided by Sherpa. Also, remember to consult the official websites of each government to review and confirm entry requirements.
Covid-19 measures to consider before you travel
What to do in case of a positive or suspected case of Covid-19?
If you are a positive or suspected COVID-19 case and/or have a certificate of isolation you should be aware of the following information:
If you purchased in size L or XXL, use the flexibility of your ticket to change your travel date at any time with no change fee (fare difference may apply).
If you purchased your ticket in size XS, S, M or XL, and you are unable to travel on the scheduled date because you have a positive COVID-19 test, had close contact with a positive person in the last few days and/or have an isolation certificate, you must follow the steps below:
- Complete the exemption application form, enclosing: initial positive pre-flight testyou or the person close to you for whom you had to isolate yourself. (or your insulation certificate). In addition, if you you were unable to travel due to close contact or isolation certification, you must attach your test result. laboratory test (positive or negative) taken within 3 to 5 days of the isolation start date.
- You will receive a reply to your application with information about the exemption bye-mail.
- With this email you can go to one of our points of sale or call our Contact Center to choose your new fly date. You will have up to 90 calendar days to reschedule the new fly date, counted from the date on which you receive the positive COVID certificate and the new fly date must be at least 7 days after the date of the positive result, time stipulated for a person to be considered recovered and can resume their trip. The new itinerary must be within the accounting validity of the ticket and respect the validity of the fare.
Terms and Conditions
- The changes you make apply to all passengers within the same reservation. If the change is only for one passenger, please call or visit us.
- If your ticket has date/route change penalties, you must make payment with a valid credit card.
- If the new date/route you choose has a higher fare, you will have to pay the difference between what you originally paid and the new fare.
- If you were upgraded to Business Class on the flight to be changed, you will lose that upgrade at the time of the change.
- Your ticket must have been purchased on our website.
If the alternatives proposed by Avianca do not meet your needs, you will be entitled to compensation. Check the types of compensation we have.
Note: If for any reason you experience any failure or error during the process, and your trip is in the next 48 hours, please write us by WhatsApp or call us by phone and we will help you to change your flight.
How to consult Sherpa?
- Whenentering immigration you should always have your identity card (for domestic flights) or passport (for international flights) with you, depending on the destination you are travelling to.
- It is very important that you have all the additional documents and/or forms that may be requested at the entry and exit of each country. Remember that these vary according to the destination.
- Depending on your destination, check the entry and health restrictions of your destination country to see if quarantine is required when entering thedestination.
- If you are unable to travel and must cancel your trip due to illness or medical incapacity, please see our flexibility policy.
- Always remember to validate official websites, as information is constantly updated. Keep in mind that there may be further conditions you need to fulfil.
- If you purchased from a travel agency and need to make a change to your flight, we recommend that you contact them to do so.
- If you wish to make a voluntary change to your itinerary, click here.
- Avoid travel if you have any symptoms such as fever, nausea, headache, body aches, or difficulty breathing; if you suspect you are ill with COVID-19, have been tested and do not yet have the results, or if you have a positive test result.
- Remember that it is compulsory to wear a surgical mask during the entire trip. Therefore, we advise you to carry at least two for an eventual change. For people over 65 years of age, we recommend the N95 mask.
- The unaccompanied minors service will be active, you in mind:
- The child should wear a face mask at all times and carry an extra one for replacement in case the other one is damaged or if the journey is a long one.
- Carry a biosafety kit with antibacterial gel.
- Bring entertainment material, as the in-flight entertainment system and reading material will not be available.
- Carry a small piece of luggage, which can be placed under the saddle.
- Carry the required documentation at the place of origin and destination.
- It is important that accompanying persons and children take the precautions indicated by the health authorities, such as social distancing, hand washing and permanent use of masks. In the case of infants (children under 2 years of age), the use of masks is not mandatory.
- All persons requiring any kind of assistance will be able to enter the airport with an accompanying person.
- Costa Rica
- Estados Unidos
- Puerto Rico
- Reino Unido
- República Dominicana
If your final destination is not on this list or you need more details, please consult Sherpa.
You may also be interested in
- Travel documents and requirements
- What do I need to consider when travelling with a baby or a minor?
- Exchanges, Refunds and Compensation