After checking in at the airport, ask for the number of free seats in Business Class. Cancel the additional amount at the counter and receive a new boarding pass.
- The purchase of the upgrade at the airport can be made with any means of payment: debit card, credit card, or cash.
- Airport upgrades are sold on a first-come, first-served basis, regardless of LifeMiles status, and their value depends on the flight route and must be canceled at the airport counters.
- If you made a bid through the Plusgrade auction and it was not accepted, you can pay for a last-minute upgrade at the airport counter on the day of your flight. Access to this service depends on the availability and value of the ticket for the route you are traveling on.
- If you upgrade to Business Class after check-in, you will not receive baggage allowance benefits.
- Miles are accrued based on the originally purchased economy cabin fare.
Enjoy its benefits!
- Carry up to 2 pieces of 32 kg baggage.
- You will have priority check-in.
- Receive priority boarding and disembarking at the time of your flight.
- Access to the business class menu on applicable flights.
- If you want to access our Avianca Lounges, you will be able to do so in the cities where they are available.
There will be no refunds for offers accepted by Avianca. The only exceptions whereby the upgrade payment will be reimbursed are:
- Canceled flights.
- Re-accommodation: If Avianca makes a re-accommodation arrangement to move the passenger to another flight and there is no availability in Business Cabin to comply with the passenger Upgrade.
- Others: If the upgrade offer was accepted, but a seat could not be assigned in the business class cabin due to reasons attributable to Avianca, including but not limited to aircraft changes, connecting flight delays that prevent the passenger from making a connection with the flight in which they have the upgrade, among other causes.
The refund request must be made no later than 3 months after the flight date. If the refund is approved, the amount paid by the passenger in relation to the upgrade will be refunded to the credit card that was used to pay for the offer. The refund must be requested through this form.
If the refund is approved, it will be processed in the same currency used to pay for the upgrade. The amount refunded will be the total amount paid for the upgrade, however, bank or transactional charges will not be refunded.