You can enter avianca.com in the section of Upgrade to Business Class, select the route of your journey, enter the amount you wish to pay to participate in the auction, and place your bid. Below you will find the steps you need to consider to participate in the auction.
Steps to apply for promotion
Types of promotion
Call (+57) 601 489-8306 or 01800 518-5239 (toll-free from Colombia) between 72 and 25 hours prior to your flight departure and request your upgrade to Business Class.
- The upgrade sale will not apply to codeshare flights or flights operated by an airline other than Avianca.
- Upgrade sales are on the "I" class only, subject to availability on each flight.
- For the following tickets promotion sales do not apply:
- Class of Service X and N tickets
- Employee or benefit tickets
- By purchasing the upgrade to Business Class the passenger has these benefits:
- More space and comfort in your seat
- Documentation at the counters
- Priority of approach
- Priority baggage handling
- Business Class Baggage Allowance
- The promotion fee and applicable taxes are: non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-endorsable.
- In the event that the airline cancels your flight, every effort will be made to provide you with Business Class space on the flight on which you are given protection for the same route (subject to availability).
- If it is not possible to offer you Business Class space, the passenger will travel in the class originally purchased and the upgrade can be used for an onward journey.
After checking in at the airport, ask for the number of free seats in Business Class. Cancel the additional amount at the counter and receive a new boarding pass.
- The purchase of the upgrade at the airport can be made with any means of payment: debit card, credit card, or cash.
- Airport upgrades are sold on a first-come, first-served basis, regardless of LifeMiles status, and their value depends on the flight route and must be canceled at the airport counters.
- If you made a bid through the Plusgrade auction and it was not accepted, you can pay for a last-minute upgrade at the airport counter on the day of your flight. Access to this service depends on the availability and value of the ticket for the route you are traveling on.
- If you upgrade to Business Class after check-in, you will not receive baggage allowance benefits.
- Miles are accrued based on the originally purchased economy cabin fare.
Benefits of Business Class travel
There will be no refunds for offers accepted by Avianca. The only exceptions whereby the upgrade payment will be reimbursed are:
- Cancelled flights.
- Re-accommodation: If Avianca makes a re-accommodation arrangement to move the passenger to another flight and there is no availability in Business Cabin to comply with the passenger Upgrade.
- Others: If the upgrade offer was accepted, but a seat could not be assigned in the business class cabin due to reasons attributable to Avianca, including but not limited to aircraft changes, connecting flight delays that prevent the passenger from making a connection with the flight in which they have the upgrade, among other causes.
If the refund is approved the amount paid by the passenger in relation to the upgrade will be refunded to the credit card that was used to pay for the offer. The refund must be requested through the contact center.
If the refund is approved, it will be processed in the same currency used to pay for the upgrade. The amount refunded will be the total amount paid for the upgrade, however, bank or transactional charges will not be refunded.
- If you made an offer for an upgrade and your offer is selected, the system will generate a temporary authorization hold in the credit card for the total amount of the offer and you may have received an SMS with the amount. This will show as a “pending” charge in your bank account.
- On rare occasions due to system instability the upgrade cannot be processed, in these cases, the temporary authorization hold will leave the card within 5-10 business days. The exact time frame varies with each card issuer and each card issuer has control over when those charges will be withdrawn or reversed.
- Rest assured this amount has not and will not be charged.