If you are a positive or suspected COVID-19 case and/or have a certificate of isolation and need to change your flight, please note the following information:
- If you purchased in size L or XXL, use the flexibility of your ticket to change your travel date at any time with no change fee (fare difference may apply).
- If you purchased your ticket in sizes XS, S, M or XL, and you are unable to travel on the scheduled date for any of the following reasons:
Keep in mind!
- Complete the exemption application form
- Attach a positive COVID-19 pre-flight test.
- Submit the test result and/or isolation certificate (home tests do not apply).
- The incapacity or certificate must cover the traveler and/or a family member in the 1st or 2nd degree of consanguinity and/or traveling companion.
- You will receive in your e-mail the response to your request with the exemption information.
- With this email, you are able to visit one of our points of sale or call the contact center to choose a new travel date. You will have up to 90 calendar days from the affected flight to request rescheduling and/or reimbursement. The new itinerary must be within the valid accounting range of the ticket and must respect the validity of the fare. The new travel date must be at least 5 days (for Europe, Panama, and the United States), 14 days (for El Salvador), and 7 days for the rest of the countries, after the date of the positive test result.
- Changes apply to all passengers on the same reservation. If the change is only for one passenger, please call or visit us.
- If your ticket has an additional charge for change of date/route date/route change, you must pay with a valid credit card. Valid credit card.
- If the new date/route you choose has a higher fare, you must cancel the difference higher rate, you will have to pay the difference between what you originally paid and the new rate.
- If you were upgraded to business class on the flight, you will lose it at the time of upgrade.
- The change cannot be made if you purchased the ticket in the last 24 hours ticket in the last 24 hours and/or the ticket is already expired and/or you bought it with LifeMiles.
- To make the change, the ticket must have been purchased on our website.
- If you purchased your flight ticket from a travel agency, you should contact them to change your flight.
- If you make the change through our direct channels (avianca.com, points of sale or contact center) the administrative fee and charge will be waived, but the difference in fare may apply.