To request a refund of your ticket, you must take into account the conditions that apply to the chosen size when you purchased the ticket. This information can be found on the confirmation voucher of your purchase or on our website under fare types.
Grounds for claiming a refund
- Duplicate banknotes
- Flight cancellation
- Cancellation of the trip
- Lost documents
- Visa refusal
- Persons deprived of their liberty
- At the will of the passenger
- Change of itineraries
- Delay in flight departure
- Double collection of departure taxes and airport charges
- Illness (medical certificate to be attached)
- Loss of a connection caused by us
- Deceased persons
- Withdrawal of purchase
Conditions for claiming a refund
- If you redeemed your ticket with LifeMiles miles, please contact our Contact Center or visit one of our sales offices to make the corresponding refund.
- In some cases and depending on the governmental regulations of each country it is possible to refund unused taxes.
- In order to avoid any refund restrictions, it is important that you cancel your booking in time.
- Ticket issuance fees are non-refundable. Also, please note that in some countries there is an administrative fee for refund processing.
- Our fares comply with the requirements established by law and their conditions and restrictions have been duly reported to the Colombian Civil Aeronautics Authority (Aeronáutica Civil de Colombia).
- The exemptions apply as long as you meet at least one of the following conditions:
- Medical incapacity
- Loss or theft of documents
- Legal formalities
- Adoption process
- Migratory conditions
- Name correction
- Covid-19 positive or close contact case
You can apply online by filling out the exemption form below:
- Document authenticated in a notary's office (for Colombia) or it's equivalent in other countries. It must certify that the holder of the ticket authorizes you to carry out the procedure in his or her name.
- The document must specify the identification numbers of the holder and of the person carrying out the procedure.
- Fares that allow refunds without penalty.
- Fares that allow for refunds are subject to a penalty.
- Fares that allow changes and cancellations without penalty.
- Fares that allow changes and cancellations with a penalty fee.
- Non-refundable fares.