You can request a refund for your ticket by going to refunds on our website and doing it yourself. Below we show you how you can make your refund using the tools we have at your disposal. Remember to always check the conditions that apply to the type of fare you chose when you bought your ticket.
New for your reimbursements
If you made a refund request and received it on your Avianca UATP Card, you can request an exchange and receive the money for your purchase, when you do not want to use the card. The above applies only for tickets not purchased in Colombia.
Do it yourself
- Do it yourself online by logging on to refunds at avianca.com
- If you bought your ticket from a travel agency, you must arrange the refund directly with them.
- If you need to request the return of your LifeMiles ticket, please contact our Contact Center or visit our sales offices .
How to check the status of a refund?
- Just enter your details in the Refund Inquiry tab on our website.
- Remember to write the information as it appears in the email we sent you when you created your application.
Can't travel and your ticket is non-refundable?
If you have a non-refundable ticket that allows date changes, you may reschedule your flight and only the change fees will be deducted.
If you are unable to reschedule your trip, you can request a refund of the refund of the taxes that correspond to the unused part of the ticket.
A waiver is a request you can make when you are unable to travel and require a flight change without charge, provided you meet at least one of the following conditions:
- Illness or medical incapacity
- Loss or theft of documents
- Legal formalities
- Adoption process
- Migratory conditions
- Name correction
- Covid-19 positive or close contact case
You can apply online by filling out the exemption form below:
- To initiate a waiver application process, you must be sure to attach the necessary documentation supporting the condition you are reporting that prevents you from travelling.
- When the people I go to visit get sick.
- When the event I go to is cancelled.
As of November 15th, 2021, no additional services may be reimbursed in markets within the Avianca network, regardless of the size purchased. The refund of the purchased service will only be made in case of operational or non-operational situations beyond the customer's or the airline's control. Additional services are not reusable for later flights or dates, unless due to involuntary causes (situations beyond the customer's and/or airline's control).The additional services issued until November 14th, 2021 maintain their replayability status as applicable.
- Before requesting a refund, please check the conditions of your ticket in the purchase confirmation. To qualify for a refund, we apply certain fees that represent a partial refund of your size.
- An additional processing fee may be incurred, which will be deducted from the amount we will refund.
- There are some taxes, fees, or contributions that are not refundable by regulation. For these refunds, you must go to the offices of the collecting authority.
- For Colombia, according to article 17 of decree 482 of 26 March 2020, all reimbursement requests processed during the emergency decreed in Colombia will be delivered in the form of an Avianca UATP Card.