The Avianca UATP Card is a product we created to replace the Avianca Bonus. It is a virtual card preloaded with the applicable value of the unused ticket. The Avianca UATP card can be used, just as you do with a debit card, to purchase airline tickets and/or additional services, through our website, Avianca offices or your preferred travel agency.
Who will receive the UATP card?
- Customers who could not use their ticket / Avianca Voucher during the COVID-19 period (tickets issued before August 31, 2020 with flight dates from March 4, 2020 to October 31, 2020).
All customers requesting reimbursement for tickets issued in Colombia during the state of health emergency, plus an additional year. For tickets issued before August 31, 2020, with travel dates between March 4, 2020 and October 31, 2020, the amount of the ticket not flown will be credited. The amount to be credited for tickets beyond that period will be subject to the corresponding fare rules.
- The Avianca UATP Card resulting from tickets issued in Colombia will be valid for redemption until December 2024.
- If the Avianca UATP Card is in the name of a minor, please note that a guardian or responsible adult must register in MyAvianca with the minor's information and activate the card.
- We are currently in a process of extending the validity of the Avianca UATP cards until December 31, 2024.
Include your current effective date when using the card. If your current effective date doesn't let you continue with the redemption process, include in effective date: 12/24.
- If you have multiple tickets or your reservation has multiple associated passengers, we will activate a card for each ticket or passenger.
To access your Avianca UATP card go to our website avianca.com, enter your profile by clicking on the "MyAvianca" button and follow the instructions.
- The purchase of additional services on avianca.com is only available during the purchase flow. For purchases after your ticket has been issued, you can make them at our points of sale or at the travel agencies of your choice.
- For tickets originally purchased in all countries, except Colombia, for which the Avianca UATP Card applies on tickets purchased before August 31, 2020 and scheduled to fly between March 4, 2020 and October 31, 2020 on domestic and international flights. The applicable dates of this policy may be revised as the COVID-19 health emergency evolves.
- For tickets purchased in Colombia, in accordance with the measures established by the Colombian Government in Article 17 of Decree 482 of 26 March 2020, it will apply to all reimbursement requests processed during the duration of the health emergency and one year after.
- For customers in Colombia with tickets issued before August 31, 2020, with travel dates between March 4, 2020 and October 31, 2020, the amount of the ticket not flown will be credited, while tickets outside this period will be subject to the corresponding fare rules. The Avianca UATP Card will be valid for redemption until December 31, 2024.
- The Avianca UATP Card can be used to purchase air transportation and/or services* on flights operated by Avianca (AV), TACA (TA), LACSA (LR) and Avianca Ecuador (2K) only. Tickets purchased with this card must be completed within 12 months after the date of purchase.
- Initially, all Avianca UATP cards were valid in the system until December 31, 2022*. According to Colombian government regulations, the validity of the cards was established until one year after the end of the sanitary emergency decreed by the Colombian government. The end date of the Sanitary Emergency was June 30, 2022, meaning that Avianca UATP cards resulting from tickets purchased in Colombia could be used until June 30, 2023. In order to allow you to use your Avianca UATP card to fly with us, we have decided to extend the validity of Avianca UATP cards beyond the time regulated by local authorities, up to 12/24. We are making technical developments to be able to reflect the new expiration date of the cards in the system, soon you will see the new date of your card in MyAvianca. If the expiration date you have does not allow you to continue with the redemption process, please include the expiration date in the following format: 12/24.* The cards issued in Brazil are valid until July 31, 2023, and the cards issued in Colombia are valid until 12 months after the end of the health emergency.
- The Avianca UATP Card will be issued for the value of the unused ticket. The value of the administrative fee and/or any non-refundable government taxes may be deducted from the total value.
- For bookings of more than one customer, we will send you one Avianca UATP Card per ticket. The individual cards will be sent to the address you registered in our system at the time you made the first request. Once we enable the Avianca UATP Card query option in MyAvianca, you will be able to access all individual cards through this same account.
- The Avianca UATP Card can be used personally or for anyone you choose. It may not be redeemed for cash.
- Once the terms and conditions have been accepted, the Avianca UATP Cardholder will be responsible for the security and proper use of the Avianca UATP Card.
- The Avianca UATP Card will not apply to tickets redeemed in whole or in part with LifeMiles.
- For purchases made by business customers linked to the Avianca Corporate "Business Travel Program", the eligible customer must coordinate the handling of their unused tickets through their company's travel administrator in charge of the Avianca corporate agreement. The company's Travel Administrator is the only one who can request changes to their ticket.
|Amount||5% of the fee|
|Name||Tourism rate (international)|
|Nome||Tourism contribution rate (international)|