The UATP Card is a new product we have created to replace the Avianca Voucher. It is a virtual card pre-loaded with the value of the unused ticket. When you have a setback and cannot fly, when you cancel your reservation(following the cancellation policies) the value of the ticket will be refunded to the UATP card and you can use it just as you would with a debit card, to buy any of our products or services.
Who will receive the UATP card?
- Customers who could not use their ticket / Avianca Voucher during the COVID-19 period (tickets issued before August 31, 2020 with flight dates from March 4, 2020 to October 31, 2020).
All customers requesting reimbursement of tickets issued in Colombia during the state of a health emergency. For tickets issued before August 31, 2020 with travel dates between March 4, 2020 and October 31, 2020, the amount of the ticket not flown will be credited, while the amount to be credited for tickets outside that period will be subject to the corresponding fare rules. The Avianca-UATP Card resulting from tickets issued in Colombia will be valid for redemption until June 30, 2023.
- If the Avianca UATP Card is in the name of a minor, please note that a guardian or responsible adult must register in MyAvianca with the minor's information and activate the card.
- Currently all Avianca UATP cards are valid in the system until 31 December 2022, except for cards resulting from purchased tickets, which are valid until 31 July 2023 and until 31 July 2023. in Brazil which are valid until 31 July 2023 and where the validity in Colombia where the validity of the cards will be valid until one year after the end of the sanitary emergency decreed by the Colombian government. We are making technical developments to be able to reflect the new expiration date of the Colombian cards in the system, during the first half of 2022 you will see this new date reflected on your card in MyAvianca. Currently, the Health Emergency is effective until 30 June 2022, i.e.Avianca UATP cards resulting from tickets purchased in Colombia can be used until 30 June 2023. For the time being, you should use the expiry date that appears on your digital card to make your purchases.
If you have multiple tickets or your booking has multiple customers associated with it, we will activate a card for each ticket or customer.
To access your Avianca UATP card go to our website avianca.com, enter your profile by clicking on the "MyAvianca" button with your LifeMiles account credentials. Once in your MyAvianca profile, click on Avianca Wallet, read the terms and conditions and click on "Activate card". Enter the requested information in the following screens and your card will be displayed.
- The purchase of additional services on avianca.com is only available during the purchase flow. For purchases after your ticket has been issued, you can make them at our points of sale or at the travel agencies of your choice.
- For tickets originally purchased in all countries except Colombia, the Avianca UATP Card is applicable to all tickets purchased before 31 August 2020 and scheduled for fly between 4 March 2020 and 31 October 2020 on domestic and international flights, with voucher acceptance. The applicable dates of this policy may be revised as the COVID 19 health emergency evolves.
- For tickets purchased in Colombia, in accordance with the measures established by the Colombian Government in Article 17 of Decree 482 of 26 March 2020, it will apply to all reimbursement requests processed during the duration of the health emergency and one year thereafter.
- For customers in Colombia, Avianca UATP cards will be issued for reimbursement requests processed during the state of emergency plus an additional year. For tickets issued before August 31, 2020 with travel dates between March 4, 2020 and October 31, 2020, the amount of the ticket not flown will be credited, while tickets outside this period will be subject to the corresponding fare rules. The Avianca-UATP Card will be valid for redemption until June 30, 2023.
- In Colombia the cards can be redeemed during the health emergency decreed by the Colombian government and up to one year after the end of the health emergency*. The Avianca UATP Card can be used to purchase air transportation and/or services** on flights operated by Avianca (AV), TACA (TA), LACSA (LR) and Avianca Ecuador (2K) only. Tickets purchased with this Card must be completed no later than 12 months after the date of purchase.
*Currently the Health Emergency is effective until 30 June 2022, therefore Avianca UATP cards can be redeemed until 30 June 2023).**The purchase of additional services on avianca.com is only available during the purchase flow. For purchases after the issuance of your ticket, you can do so at your preferred travel agency.
- Currently all Avianca UATP cards are valid in the system until 31 December 2022*. In Colombia The validity of the cards will be valid until one year after the end of the health emergency decreed by the Colombian government. We are making technical developments to be able to reflect the new expiry date of the cards in the system, throughout the first half of 2022 you will see this new date reflected on your card in MyAvianca. Currently the Health Emergency is effective until 30 June 2022, that is, Avianca UATP cards resulting from tickets purchased in Colombia can be used until 30 June 2023. For the time being, you should use the expiry date that appears on your digital card to make your purchases.* Except for cards issued in Brazil, which are valid until 31 July 2023, and in Colombia , where cards issued for tickets issued in Colombia are valid until 12 months after the end of the health emergency.
- The Avianca UATP Card will be issued for the value of the unused ticket. The value of the administrative fee and/or any non-refundable government taxes may be deducted from the total value.
- For bookings of more than one customer, we will send you one Avianca UATP Card per ticket. The individual cards will be sent to the address you registered in our system at the time you made the first request. Once we enable the Avianca UATP Card query option in MyAvianca, you will be able to access all individual cards through this same account.
- The Avianca UATP Card can be used personally or for anyone you wish. It may not be redeemed for cash.
- Once the terms and conditions have been accepted, the Avianca UATP Cardholder will be responsible for the security and proper use of the Avianca UATP Card.
- The Avianca UATP Card will not apply to tickets redeemed in whole or in part with LifeMiles.
- For purchases made by business customers linked to the Avianca Corporate "Business Travel Program", the eligible customer must coordinate the handling of their unused tickets through their company's travel administrator in charge of the Avianca corporate agreement. The company's Travel Administrator is the only one who can request changes to their ticket.
|Amount||5% of the fee|
|Name||Tourism rate (international)|
|Nome||Tourism contribution rate (international)|