We share with you the most frequent reasons why check-in failures may occur and what you can do to solve them.
Most common scenarios
- Error when entering data: at check-in you must enter your last name(s) and reservation number as registered at the time of purchase.
- To verify this information, please check the confirmation email you received after making your purchase.
- The data with the information you have to enter can be found on the top left-hand side of the email. In the first row you will find the surname and in the second row the booking code. Confirm that you have entered the date of the day you have scheduled your flight.
- Time is not yet available: verify that you are doing your online check-in 48 hours before your domestic or international flight and 24 hours before if you are traveling from the United States or Canada. If you try to do it before the established time, the system will not be available.
- When your booking includes special services: if you have requested special services, some bookings require additional confirmations. This may happen when you purchase emotional support pet services, when you travel with pets, unaccompanied minors, and people requiring special assistance, among others.
- Your booking includes multiple travelers: if you are traveling with a group booking, or you have more than one person under your booking, check if one of your companions checked in first. In these cases, whoever checks in first must check in for all the people under the booking.
- The booking includes flights with other airlines: self-service check-in from our websites only enabled on routes directly covered by Avianca. If your flight has connections with other airlines, you will only be able to check the routes operated by us.
- The booking has pending changes to be processed: if you made a change to your booking, it may not have been processed yet and the ticket has not been linked correctly to the new itinerary. It may appear pending payment or without new tickets generated, due to the change made in the reservation, in this case it will be necessary for you to contact us to finalize it. contact us to finalize it.
If you encounter any issues when attempting to check in online, take a screenshot and present it to the airport counter on the day of your flight. You will be able to continue with the process without additional charges.