Yes, you can take your wheelchair with you free of charge. Also, if you bring 2 wheelchairs, you can transport them in addition to your baggage allowance free of charge. You can request this service online during the purchase flow by selecting special services or from my trips by entering your booking code and surname. Please note that it only applies to passengers who require it for their use due to a disability, otherwise it will be registered as excess baggage.
Recommendations if you travel with your own wheelchair:
- Please notify us at the time of booking or at least 24 hours before departure that you are travelling with a wheelchair.
- If your wheelchair is a battery-powered wheelchair, deliver it switched off, with the edges protected against short circuits and with the battery securely fastened to the frame.
- Inform our staff of the manufacturer's instructions for disassembly and reassembly, whether it requires any specifications to be carried in storage and whether or not the batteries are spillable, so that we can establish their safe handling.
- Dry or lithium batteries should not be removedunless necessary for handling and must be properly secured to the wheelchair.
- Please note for Spare Dry Batteries: A maximum of one (1) battery may be carried, in cargo compartment only, in solid, rigid packaging, e.g. cardboard, plastic, wood, steel, aluminium, duly marked with information, passenger name, flight, destination.
- For lithium batteries: One (1) spare battery, not exceeding 300 Wh or a maximum of two (2) spare batteries each not exceeding 160 Wh, may be carried in the passenger cabin only.
- For flights to or from the U.S. on single-aisle aircraft, your wheelchair will be stowed in the hold under DOT-approved procedures, provided you request it from an airline representative at the airport check-in desk.
- When you buy your ticket, click on special services and enter the section for people with disabilities.
- Let us know if you are carrying any additional medical equipment (oxygen concentrators, portable dialysis equipment, among others). You can transport as many items as you need.
- Inform us about the specific characteristics and conditionsyou require for your service.
- Make your request at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight and arrive at the airport sufficiently in advance - at least 3 hours before for domestic flights and 4 hours before for international flights to activate the service. Please note that if you do not book within the recommended times we cannot guarantee the service.
- You can also contact our contact centre and make your request up to 24 hours before your flight departure.
What information are you looking for?